A One Stop Shop For All Your Family Law Needs
Family law issues are very personal and sensitive, and discussing such private matters could make an individual feel vulnerable. I respect the confidentiality of my clients and I always treat my clients with a compassionate and understanding demeanor. I am not here to pass judgment; I am here to help you reach a resolution to any issue you are currently facing. My law firm is equipped to meet all your family law needs and I help clients with a wide array of family law issues, including:
- Child custody and support agreements and modifications
- Civil domestic violence protective orders
- Legitimation and paternity
- Spousal maintenance and alimony
- Equitable distribution
I make a commitment to my clients to be dependable and I treasure the opportunity to guide my clients and implement the legal strategy most appropriate to achieve each of their specific goals.
Protecting The Safety Of My Clients And Their Families
Domestic violence is a profoundly serious issue and if not handled properly, the results could be devastating. In North Carolina, issues of civil domestic violence are referred to as Chapter 50(b) actions. To file for a protective order under Chapter 50(b), a personal relationship must exist between the parties. Domestic violence includes one or more acts of the following:
- Intentionally causing bodily injury
- Attempting to cause bodily injury
- Putting the victim or a member of the victim’s family or household in fear of impending serious bodily injury
- Continuing to harass the victim or the victim’s family to the extent that it inflicts substantial emotional distress
- Committing sexual abuse or other sexual offenses
Society has many misconceptions regarding domestic violence and many individuals who are impacted by acts of domestic violence are too frightened or intimidated to speak up. Just remember, your safety and the safety of those you love is of the utmost importance. If you have suffered physical, emotional, and/or sexual violence within a personal relationship, please contact law enforcement and a domestic violence resource center near you for your protection and safety.
Cases of domestic violence are frightening and traumatic, but if not properly addressed, your life and the lives of those you love may be in jeopardy. The Law Office of Katlyn A. Reh, PLLC is devoted to protecting the health and safety of each client, and I encourage you to reach out to discuss your unique situation and all options and avenues forward.