WHAT IS PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
Personally identifiable information (PII) is information that when used alone or with other relevant data, can identify an individual. We may collect personal information from you, including your:
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Telephone number
If you share any personal information with The Law Office of Katlyn A. Reh, PLLC, you are representing that you have the authority to do so.
HOW IS PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE?
We collect information about our users through cookies, web server logs and user supplied information. The Law Office of Katlyn A. Reh, PLLC uses the information collected to provide site visitors with a personalized internet experience that delivers the resources, services and information that are most relevant and helpful to each unique user.
WEB SERVER LOGS
A server log is a log file (or several files) automatically created and maintained by a server consisting of a list of activities it performs. A typical example of this is a web server log which maintains a history of page requests. When you use our website, we may track information about your visit and store that information in web service logs, which contain records of the activity on our site. Examples of the information we may collect from our users include:
- IP addresses
- Device used
- Referring domain
- Internet service providers
- The pages viewed on our site
- The number of links clicked within our site
- The date and time of the users visit
- The city, state and country from which the user accessed our website
We may log your unique IP address for the purpose of system administration, to track a user’s specific session, or to help diagnose problems with our server. Any personally identifiable information in our web server logs will be treated with the same respect for privacy as all other PII collected through our site.
USER SUPPLIED INFORMATION
Our website contains a “contact” form, which requests some personal information (such as name, telephone number, zip code and email address). Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary, or sensitive personally identifiable information. Examples of sensitive personally identifiable information include (but are not limited to):
- Financial institution name, bank account number and routing number
- Social security number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number
- Credit card number
If you choose to submit any sensitive personally identifiable information, you do so at your own risk and we will not be liable to you or responsible for the consequences of the submission of that sensitive information.
The Law Office of Katlyn A. Reh, PLLC will use the information the user provides in the “contact” form to respond to the user’s inquiry. We may also use the information provided to us to communicate with the user in the future. If you do not wish to receive this communication, you may opt out at any time in the manner described below.
The Law Office of Katlyn A. Reh, PLLC is not responsible for the information, privacy, or other practices of any third party, including any third-party software application, third-party service provider or vendor, and any websites to which our website contains a link. Sharing a link on our website does not imply that we are affiliated with or endorse the linked application or website.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION DESCRIBED ABOVE?
Our office will never rent, sell, or lease mailing lists or other user data to others, and we will not make the personally identifiable information of our user’s available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including any government or regulatory requests.
- If we believe the disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Law Office of Katlyn A. Reh, PLLC, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- As needed to the buyer or successor in the event of a merger, divesture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of assets (including bankruptcy), in which personal information held by our firm about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To enforce or apply an agreement between us and the user, including (but not limited to) billing and collection purposes.
- To provide referrals if we are unable to assist with your legal matter but know of an unaffiliated attorney or firm that may be able to help.
- To agents, website vendors and/or contractors who may use the information on our behalf or in connection with their relationship to us.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when the user provides the information.
- With the user’s consent.
This site has security measures in place and our firm works diligently to protect the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration of the information under our control. Unfortunately, the transmission of information through the internet is not completely secure. The Law Office of Katlyn A. Reh, PLLC cannot guarantee the security of our user’s personal information transmitted on our website. Any information you send the firm over the internet, either through the firm’s website or via email, is done at your own risk.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION ONLINE
It is important to take proper measures to protect your own personally identifiable information, to prevent the reuse, misuse, and/or loss of your data. Consider using the basic security controls below to prevent yourself from falling victim to a security breach:
- Use anti-virus software.
- Install the latest security updates on your electronic device.
- Be cautious when using public Wi-Fi.
- Delete any suspicious emails and do not click on the links contained in these messages.
- Create back-ups for your computer.
- Do not use the same password for all your accounts and do not use generic passwords.
Before disclosing personal information over the internet, always weigh the benefits against the risk and decide whether what you are getting out of the transaction is worth the exposure of your data. Remember that the safety and security of your data also depends on you.
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not direct this site to children or knowingly collect personal information regarding children. If you are under the age of 13, please do not provide any information on this website. We are more than happy to work with parents and guardians to delete the personal information of a child that has been improperly disclosed on our website. We respectfully request that individuals who are contacting our firm with an issue regarding a minor not disclose any personally identifiable information regarding that minor through our website.
CALIFORNIA DO NOT TRACK
Like many websites and online services, our web services do not alter, change, or respond upon receiving Do Not Track (DNT) requests or signals in browsers. As described in more detail above, we track user activity using web server logs, cookies and similar technologies. Information collected in web server logs helps us analyze website usage and improve the user’s experience. Cookies allow us to offer you a customized experience and present relevant advertising to you.
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from our firm and for removing your information from our database. Please feel free to contact The Law Office of Katlyn A. Reh, PLLC at any time using the address, phone number, or “contact” form on our website in order to:
- Inquire as to what data we have about you, if any
- Change/ correct any data we may have
- Ask us to delete any data we may have
- Opt-out of receiving further communication from our firm